COVID-19 update - Moving To Level 2
Thanks for your patience and keeping our community safe.
We’re here to help where we can.
From Thursday the 14th of May 2020 under Level 2, we will be open normal trading hours for general eye examinations and specialty appointments.
We do prefer booked appointments for things including eye examinations, collection of spectacles, contact lenses, repairs and adjustments.
Please call 06 354 6666 beforehand to book at time.
If you are in a vulnerable group (the older age group with any medical issues especially asthma or other breathing concerns), please consider whether appointment is absolutely necessary at this point in time.
Safety and Disinfection protocols
We will be following best practice when it comes to yours and our safety.
- You can expect the standard COVID health questions. Our policy is to ask this 3 times (at the time of making the appointment, two days before your appointment and again at your appointment). Please don't get offended with the repeated questions as one’s health status can change.
- We will be keeping a digital register to record your visit for future contact tracing if required.
- Surfaces and equipment will be cleaned and disinfected on a regular basis.
- PPE including masks and gloves will be available where recommended by the Ministry of Health.
- Only the patient will be allowed in the testing room, therefore the support person must stay in the car. However, we will take this on a case by case basis.